Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Dear Michael,

while some may possibly be embarrassed by your e-mail, I would like to put it
into perspective.

You have obviously written it in deep frustration and desparation, and I
think that ARSCLIST is a forum where real life shall also be depicted from
time to time. So it is good that you have brought the problem to our
attention.

What is less good is that you try to invoke ARSCLIST users to assist you.
This is not possible - we are not familiar with the particulars of your
arrangement with the Edison National Historic Site, and so we cannot side
with you. Also we are not judges, so we cannot decide the issue, did we know
more.

I have personally had a situation where your "government" was very slow - as
I had been at the very beginning of the situation, but an official saw a
solution where others had only seen problems. So, I think that a solution
engaging government officials is also very person-dependent.

All in all, seen from the outside, the American way to solve disputes is to
go to the courts. This seems to be a case of contract law and equitable
conduct - there are plenty of attorneys specializing in that, and taking on
the government does not frighten them. However, seeing that you intend to
publish transfers that were presumably (but ARSCLIST users do not know that)
made for preservation purposes might raise copyright issues that you may not
really want to face. Even though you may win in the end, the road may be
ugly.

Kind regards,

George

Mike Loughlin <mikel78_rpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote