Re: [ARSCLIST] Early Polydor electrics, the depression, etc

I have seen those old Harmony 78s,but I was never sure
about thier connection with Columbia.Also,while I have
heard incredibly good sounding pre-1930 tubes,used in
later equipment,I have not heard any early electrical
phonos,I particularly liked.Now,once you get into the
40s,that's a different story...

However,I can tell you there are certain pieces of
equipment,from the late 20s/early 30s,that will make
audiophiles(audiophools?) swoon.The most obvious
example,is the Loftin-White Amplifier,which I have not
had the pleasure of hearing.
http://www.mindspring.com/~mjh850830/loftin-white/
                                    Roger Kulp

--- "Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>