Re: [ARSCLIST] Thirties Stereo

Steven Smolian wrote:
Earlier stereo LPs were put out by Emory Cook using two separate tracks and a forked arm witha cartridge at the end of each of the two tynes. Both Livingston and Atlantic also issued records using this format. About 1954.

Steve Smolian

Of course, the Cook (at least) were not stereo but binaural. It would have been about 1954 that I heard my first one devoted to "Buoys and Gulls".

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/