Re: [ARSCLIST] Temperament--was: Are we at the end of the road musically??

From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The violinist Joachim, friend of Brahms, the Schumanns, Mendelssohn and
>others, adjusted his intonation as he played to fit the harmony. Any
>singer can do the same, if there is no keyboard accompaniment.

EVERY musician has always adjusted their pitch to be in tune except for keyboards. The best piano and organ tuners work with a "stretched" equal temprement that helps out the sound and errors on the side of sharp intervals rather than flat.

Unfortunately most of what gets published and taught about this is far too oversimplified as is most of what's taught about time and rhythmic notation.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com