Re: [ARSCLIST] Musican's compensation, wa CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Steven C. Barr wrote:
>I'm wondering...based on Mr. Olhsson's Nashville location, if he might
>not be thinking more in terms of country music (the best-known output
>of Nashville)...which seems to follow a slightly different "set of rules"

I probably know less about country music than any other genre. I began my career in Detroit at Motown followed by 30 years working with jazz, classical, experimental/electronic and rock music in San Francisco. We moved to Nashville five years ago.

I learned "the rules" in my high school radio drama class. What's always for sale in the entertainment industry is access to the performer's fans. I've always found this to be the case no matter how obscure or esoteric the genre. The degree to which it has proven true was far beyond my expectations.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com