[ARSCLIST] Warsaw Concerto / STINSON SLP 38 / SCHWANN Catalog

Thomas Stern wrote:

 I have received the following citation in response to an inquiry on
 another forum concerning STINSON LP's. May 1955 Schwann catalog lists
 Stinson 38 (p. 128) as: Concert—Warsaw Concerto, etc. (piano, organ,
 violin) It seems unusual that a classical selection should appear in
 a series of folk-blues-jazz recordings, so I wonder if anyone can
 confirm or counter this information. Did the Warsaw Concerto, and
 other classical titles appear on Asch/Disc/Stinson 78's or lp's? If
 someone has the referenced Schwann catalog, can they confirm the
 listing, or the existence of a different Stinson label, or a
 mis-interpretation of the label cited?

The June 1955 Schwann lists Stinson 38 exactly as you describe it -- in the "Popular, Jazz, Swing" section on page 122.

-- Jack Raymond