Re: [ARSCLIST] Warsaw Concerto / STINSON SLP 38 / SCHWANN Catalog

Frank Strauss wrote:

> On 10/2/06, Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > There are also a couple of halfway decent records of it by The Boston
> > Pops,fron the 50s.Halfway decent,due to the innate limitations of the
> > piece.
> >            Roger kulp
> >

> Maybe the Warsaw Concerto isn't a priceless classical treasure, but it isn't
> bad movie music.

In fact it does what it has to do in that context and does it very well. Too bad
Rachmaninoff or his publisher turned down that gig..a mistake rectified (or
compounded) by his Second Concerto providing the score for "Brief Encounter".

I've seen Dangerous Moonlight only once, and the Warsaw Concerto wasn't heard in
its entirety. Is it, or did I see an edited print? If it isn't played complete,
then a finished print couldn't have provided the source for the Columbia 78.

(Thomas, one of these days we'll get back to your question about Stinson 38.)

dl