Re: [ARSCLIST] Programmable varispeed question

Henry Clark wrote:
Hello all,

I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if this is a common topic of discussion. I've searched the archives, but I can't find an exact answer to this. I hope someone might be able to help.

What I need to do is varispeed a recording I have, and that varispeed needs to change gradually throughout the 5 minute piece. I think the recording was made on something which was changing speed as it recorded.

So I want the speed of the music to change as well as the pitch, i.e. I'm not looking for a system which maintains the speed while pitch shifting.

Adobe Audition allows correction as a single value for the entire file or continuously over the file. It allows adjustment of pitch and tempo either independently or together. I have used it only for constant correction, so cannot say how the functions combine, but at worst one would re-record through TotalRecorder or equivalent.

Note that adjusting pitch or tempo without the other can usually be detected if the change is more than about 10% or a full tone.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/