Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

On 27/09/06, Tom Fine wrote:
>>  I can't understand why Apple doesn't make
>> more use of this format -- for instance putting a security wrapper
>> around it

My understanding is that it does have the security features implemented as does Windoze Media lossless. My tests show both to be bit-perfect.

Apple Lossless is one of the Quicktime formats so any Quicktime player or plug-in from v. 6.5.1 on will play it.

There is an MPEG standard in the works that uses open source technology. Thus far for my personal archiving, I use WavPack because it is the only lossless format that preserves Broadcast Wave meta data.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com