Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Hi all,

	New member here, and I've really enjoyed and learned from the
comments posted!  That's a good joke Michael, and of course sheet music
also had beautiful cover art once upon a time.  I never knew this when
learning to play guitar in the 1970's when sheet music covers were
really banal.  The art work on antique sheet music covers and LP's is
definitely a big issue making these collectable.
	I also love all the extras that came with LP's-posters,
stickers, postcards,etc.  Jefferson Airplane's "Long John Silver" LP
cover could be reconstructed into a box-I still keep my tax information
in it!  A few modern bands continue this trend with CD's.  For example,
the rock band "Tool" put out one CD with a cover that has a lenticular
photo-one of those pictures that changes back and forth when you tilt
it.  Their new CD has 3D art with a set of 3D glasses built in to the
cover!  It was all done very professionally by 3D master Ray Zone, who
writes for Stereo World magazine.
	Additionally, LP's usually had about 20 minutes on a side and
often less.  Lots of modern CD's have 70-80 minutes total (including the
aforementioned Tool CD), which would have been equal to a double LP
which would have originally cost maybe $14.00, the same price I paid for
the Tool CD on sale, so I thought it was a really good deal, and the 3D
feature makes for a great deal as well as a  good incentive for fans to
not just download it.  I think both CD's and Lp's have strong selling
points, but I like all formats, even 8-tracks!  If it's something I
don't already own, and I have a machine that will play it, then I play
it!

Ear-reverently yours,

Rick

Rick Zender, Curator