Re: [ARSCLIST] English copyright. Beware.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

> This affects preservation of vital materials.  A serious matter, indeed.
>
> Steve Smolian
>

> http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5378118.stm

Steve,

Thanks for the forward. For me, the equally tragic notion is that even if
we did not have to contend with copyrights, we still could not afford the
equipment, trained staff (assuming they could be found), and financial
support to preserve our heritage, assuming the "powers that be" considered
it something worthwhile.

I guess I am at the point of thinking that we don't stand a chance of
winning.

Karl