Re: [ARSCLIST] unknown artists and archives

Peter and Company..let me just step in and say that as a USER of a number of
archives in Toronto, Ottawa, Syracuse, Maryland and other locales, I'm glad that
there are archives which serve niches and archives that accept anything. What
they do about self-respect is between them and their mentors, confessors or
psychiatrists. I regularly request some pretty obscure (but not unique, one-off
or particularly distinguished) items from at least two of these organizations and
as often as not, I'll receive a positive answer, even though the disc itself
looks as if it spent most of its existence in a barn. I also attend the surplus
sales of any archives within reach and am sometimes amazed at the condition of
their rejects.

dl