[ARSCLIST] Request for info: Columbia Studio/Warehouse Fire

Hello, all.

Can anyone give me any details about a Columbia Records studio/warehouse
fire during the 1970s or 1980s that caused the destruction of many
priceless session/master recordings?  I have been trying to locate some
recordings from that era and keep hearing that such-and-such will never be
re-released "because of that fire."  Unfortunately, I gather that there
was not a backup storage location in use so that all the eggs wouldn't
wind up in the same basket...

Thanks, as always, for the wealth of information that ARSC provides.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet