Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 15:01 -0700, Jeanette Berard wrote:
> Have you noticed that Canon, among other digital camera lines have a
> selection of pre-programmed shutter sounds, including some that mimic
> classic camera shutters?

Thank you for using your Canon to mimic classic shutter sounds. Please
select from the following options:

For leaf shutter ("chnik"), press 1.

For 35mm focal-plane shutter ("znip"), press 2.

For 4X5 Speed Graphic/Graflex adjustable curtain shutter ("fuh-WHAPP"),
press 3.

For leaf shutter bulb/time exposure ("snik"......"snik"), press 4.

Michael Shoshani
with beyond the grave help from Don Martin :)

(So when do we get a dummy diaphragm so digital shutterbugs can fiddle
with their virtual f-stops?)