Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

oh, that's TACKY!

another primo present-day noise-pollution driver is downloadable cellphone ringtones. Lousy recreations of annoying sounds. Now, that said, I do chuckle when I hear an old WECO ring sound coming out of a cellphone. They even have all the different payphone sounds scattered around the web.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Durenberger" <Mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Perhaps a close second is the sound generated in the newer slot machines when you hit the cash-out button. While you hear the sound of "coins falling" you get a (very convenient) bar-code receipt for your winnings.

Mark Durenberger

The worst canned ca-ching sound is that checkbook program from the people
who do Quickbooks...

Frank B Strauss, DMD