To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

I doubt that vinyl will make a comeback but there is something to be said for controls that are physical rather than virtual, that you can just hit without looking.

I just noticed that one of the new Canon digital cameras was hailed for having "analogue-like" buttons, etc. I suspect this trend will continue . Who wants to wade through a million menus? Still, I'm a bit freaked out by electronic cash registers that have a canned "cha-ching" sound!

RA Friedman
Rights and Reproductions
Historical Society of PA

-----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of Jonathan Wise