Re: [ARSCLIST] Of Discographic Interest

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Again, my way of pointing to both the wealth of material in personal
> collections and the need to document it...especially since the task is
> well beyond the abilities of libraries.
>
> I still believe the provision of an easy to use, free access, online
> system to catalog personal collections could have the potential to share a
> wealth of information.

As I see it, the function of ARSC should be to define (and possibly suggest
details of) the "core fields" of both catalog and discographic databases.
As well, "optional" fields could also be approached (these are fields which
wouldn't necessarily be used by every database compiler).

A simple system using the defined fields would be very easy
to(programatically)
"write"...this could be done using either pure text data records, xBASE
(dBASE
and similar) compatible data records, or MS Access database files (the
standard
format used by Microsoft programming languages such as Visual Basic and
Visual C++).