Re: [ARSCLIST] Barr's 7th Law...was:Registry of Digital Masters

Steven C. BArr wrote:

Okeh...I HAVE to post this!

Barr's Seventh Law Of Information:

* 99% of all the information created in a given time period is worthless;
  however, identifying that portion is only possible after the fact...

Murphy's Corrolary:

* Any information lost through whatever means will inevitably have been
  part of the valuable 1%, not the worthless 99%...

Copyright 2006 by the undersigned

Steven C. Barr

Okay - I have remained silent long enough.

Barr's Eighth law of information:

* if a post is made on ARSCLIST, then Barr will post to it with some kind of
response, even if it is drawn from that 99 per cent of the information that
is worthless, or is not relevant to the topic under discussion.

This is not a flame, and I am not the moderator of the list. I'm just
expressing my opinion that the ratio of noise to signal level from Steve is
favoring the noise of late. Please show some consideration, and exercise
judgment, when posting to ARSCLIST. For myself, I avoid doing so unless I
have something substantive to contribute to a given thread, or need to ask a
specific question.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

"Music expresses what one cannot say, but about which one cannot remain
silent." - Victor Hugo