Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Letter on British Copyright Term Extension

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Rod Stephens wrote:

> Here's one for you.  I was a member of a college choir in the '50s, and
> recordings of our University Choir were given to Columbia Records for
> five releases on Columbia Masterworks, Epic, and Harmony.  I didn't sign
> anything, but does the University have the rights to the recordings or what?

Interesting...were you a member of the American Federation of Musicians at
the time? As for the University...it depends on the original contract.

If you or anyone in the choir was a member of the AFM, you should have
been paid a recording rate, or been asked to sign a waiver...assuming your
the rules of your local would allow you to sign a waiver.

Karl