Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Letter on British Copyright Term Extension

On 12/09/06, David Lennick wrote:
rformances!

>> Seen any Peerless Quartette reissue CD's in your local emporia...?!
>>
>> Steven C. Barr
>
> Actually there's one coming from Living Era (also includes the
> American and Haydn/Hayden Quartets). Whether it'll sell five copies
> will bear watching.

I doubt if there will be long queues at the shops on release day, but it
is the kind of CD that sells in a steady trickle for years and years.

When I buy a Living Era CD it is because I have become interested in
some particular artist, not because the disc is a new issue. It might
have been released ten years ago.

The problem for all of this kind of material is whether the company can
afford the warehouse costs to keep them in stock. When CD-quality
downloads become routine, this problem will diminish.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx