Re: [ARSCLIST] Mellencamp

1,000 is also the number of discs DiscLive says they produce in this
article from Resolution magazine on the very subject on live after-show
CDR sales and production. Seems DiscLive and Clear Channel have cornered
most of this market already.

big PDF here:
http://www.resolutionmag.com/pdfs/BUSINESS/directtodisc.pdf

HTML version maybe here:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:JynW89NmcKYJ:www.resolutionmag.com/p
dfs/BUSINESS/directtodisc.pdf+cdr+concert+after+licensing+band&hl=en&gl=
us&ct=clnk&cd=7

> Karl Miller wrote:
> >I have wondered, how does one make sure the mechanical rights and
such are
> >paid for those CDR's?
> >
> >Do you know how that works?
>
> In most cases it will be the band's own compositions.
>
> It also ought to be very easy for a touring band that's performing a
publisher's
music nationally to negotiate a mechanical license "paid on copies sold
and paid for."
Most likely the publisher will even accept something less than the
compulsory rate.

That would seem reasonable...however, as it is now, I have to pay a
license for a minimum of 1,000 copies whether I sell them or not.

Karl