Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp

So you've found they play MP3 compressed audio on the air also. I notice they do this on the cable country channel as well. You can really tell on the acoustic instruments. Grrr.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp

I believe it was a variable multipath control, or maybe separation in the FM section, to quiet hissy and weak radio stations. I had the tuner only version of thet Heathkit, I think,.

Sony receivers had a "hi-blend" swith which made ot mono from about 8k
up to 15k to cancel the hiss - all this is for FM radio hiss, not the
audio istelf.

Wish they now had a switch to cancel the effects of MP3 on the junk
they play on commercial stations! Radio is not listenable any more,
except for talk public radio, to my taste.

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689