Re: [ARSCLIST] Foreign Credential question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Girard" <adamgirard@xxxxxx>
> Has anybody here had experience applying for jobs with Foreign
> Credentials within the US?
>
> The policy of the American Library Association (ALA) states:
>
> "The master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library
> Association (or from a master's level program in library and
> information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate
> national body of another country) is the appropriate professional
> degree for librarians."
>
> Obviously this means that it is up to the employer to decide if an
> applicant is qualified. Does anybody have personal experience about
> what that means in practice?

Well, all I've GOT is experience (looking after about 40,000 78's,
including setting up databases to catalog what I own...compiling
the standard reference guide for looking up dates...etc.)...one
unrelated degree (B.A. in math ed.) and 98.6 degrees from
Fahrenheit...and it seems to mean something approximating
the reciprocal of infinity...