To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Underscore in file names

On 05/09/06, David Breneman wrote:
--- steven c <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, the underscore work-around comes directly from C/C++
programming...which DOESN'T allow spaces in identifiers,

*Nothing* allows spaces in file, variable or argument names except Windoze.

Windows is designed to be used by the average non-technical office worker, who would not understand why spaces shouldn't be used.

All other OSes assume that the user has some interest in how computers
work.

Regards
--
Don Cox