Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

Richard L. Hess wrote:
At 10:13 AM 9/2/2006, Mike Csontos Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx wrote:

To me, the long term archiving by digitization of books is just as
questionable as it is for images and audio.

Mike,

What would you propose as the alternative?

Another Mike responds in the spirit so often in this group: cuneiform. Even more durable than a 'shellac' '78-rpm' disc, the clay tablet with impressed text is likely to be preserved until the sun goes nova.

Oh, nuts! Those wedge-shaped marks are binary, aren't they? I guess that cuneiform does not qualify.

It's digital!

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx