Re: [ARSCLIST] Advice on cassette decks?

Yes. A fraction of a turn either way is generally all  that is ever needed. Delicacy must be exercised to eliminate disturbance of the head deck while the adjustment is made.Experience being the best teacher in this regard.
Access to the nut is very easy when the plastic compartment cover is removed, and there is a generous cutout in the faceplate of the machine.
 Removal doesn't affect the carriers structural integrity in respect to holding the cassette firmly.

Anyone who is lucky enough to own a dragon probably finds all of this highly arguable, but it has worked well for me for years.

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive