Re: [ARSCLIST] Video format preferences

Thank you David!
Looking up DV-Cam (http://www.dvcentral.org/) it seems to be a proprietary Sony format, but maybe the other available formats are proprietary too? I must confess I feel a little wary, relying on Sony alone to supply future needs. Also, it seems the tapes are 4-5 times more expensive than MiniDV, the only video format I have come in contact with previously.

Greetings,
Tommy

--- Tommy Sjöberg <tommy.sjoberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any and all help in this decision making is appreciated.

DV-Cam seems to be a popular format now, both for broadcast and industrial use. Popularity is always an advantage when you're looking to transfer something years down the road.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx