Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I have a stereo 78 here, very recently recorded, by Toronto jazz singer
Alex Pangman. Nicely done, too. Proceeds were going to the victims of
Hurricane Katrina. Here's the info from this past January's press release:

Of course, part of the reason the disc exists is simply because Ms. Pangman
and Mr. (Jeff) Healey were romantically associated for a couple or three
years...as well, she likes to perform (and does a decent job of it) the
songs of past decades...when "records" = "78's!"

Now, if I could just find a manufactory that can press SHELLAC 78's...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/