Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT tapes

In a message dated 8/27/06 11:25:49 AM, dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Further to my question the other week about digital glitches in name brand
> tapes, mostly Sony, here's something very ironic. There was a cheapo brand
> in
> the early 90s called DIC that wasn't around for long and which we were all
> warned not to use. I'm transferring one now and it doesn't have a single
> defect

I have used the DIC's for years (the MQ), and not only are they quite
reliable, they have less mechanical problems than most of the other brands,
especially Maxell, which has often been problematic in some of my dat machines. A few
years ago, one of my suppliers went out of business and sold me about 3000 of
them (mostly 48,30 and 15 min length, alas) for 25 cents each. I could have
bought about 20000, but didnt have the room to store them!

Joe P.