From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dnjchi@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:43 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

In a message dated 8/25/2006 5:37:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mshoshani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Michael  Shoshani
Chicago
Who inherently distrusts cassettes at all since working  in a studio
with three different cassette decks, NONE of which ran at the  exact
same speed as the other two...

Years ago, on a new cassette recorder, I recorded the time signals from
WWV (short wave).  Since then I have used that cassette to test the
speed of other machines.  If close, you hear beat frequencies.  Usually,
however, they are WAY off!

Don Chichester