Re: [ARSCLIST] Strage blue amberol

Interesting - and no idea why your copy is shorter than the standard.
We have two different copies of this number in the standard length; I
noted that the groove spiral is only 2 3/4 inches long - a short
recording.  Perhaps they had a nearly-long-enough blank and used it for
this number because it fit easily.

Sue

Susan T Stinson, Curator
Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive
Syracuse University Library
222 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010
315-443-3477 / fax 443-4866

>>> smolians@xxxxxxxxx 8/24/2006 6:21 PM >>>
The standard length of a blue Amberol is about 4-1/4"

I have one that is 3-5/8" long and appears otherwise to be identical to
the larger one.  The top and botom have blank bands before and after the
grooves.  The top is beveled, as usual, with white type.  It is 3365,
inappropriately titled, "Long Boy" as performed by S. Porter.  It did
not come with a box.

What do I have here?

Steve Smolian

Steve Smolian