Re: [ARSCLIST] File Size Confusion

Hi Brandon,

When WaveLab converts a compressed file format, it converts it to Wave,
based on the settings in the Preferences > File settings.  On your system,
this is probably set to 32-bit floating-point.  This is probably overkill
given that your file was probably digitized at 16 bit and then converted to
such a low bit rate.

Nonetheless, an 8-hour 16-bit file will over-cede the RIFF format 2GB limit.

Let me get back to you on this... It looks like auto-switching to RF-64 is
not supported for a CODEC conversion... I'll buzz Philippe and get his
opinion...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom - Toronto
vox.905.825.5373    fax.905.469.1129     cel.905.580.2467
www.sascom.com