Re: [ARSCLIST] tape op

Their type is too small for me to read. I filled in most by printing it out. It never got to a gage asking for my name and address. What gives?

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "andy Kolovos" <akolovos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] tape op

Somebody here recommended Tape Op, Issue 54, or at least I think it was
on this list.  That's a great magazine and this issue is particularly
good.  The stories on Marc Aubort, George Massenburg and John Stephens
are interesting stuff.  I'm looking for a Stephens tape deck now (I've
got a sickness for equipment that's only exceeded by my sickness for
black shiny round things).
Phillip

Folks,

Tape Op is terrific--and for US subscribers, it's free!

http://www.tapeop.com/

The Stevens article, which is part of their "Behind the Gear" section, is
a trip.

I've written them a couple of times to peak their interest in doing
something on audio restoration and old audio formats...perhaps if it were
more than just me we'd get somewhere.

Best,

andy

--