  ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine"
> Uh, no David. NASA has completely re-tooled their mission, under
Presidential orders, to go back to
> the moon and then to Mars with men. I personally think it's idiotic, but
that's the mission. We've
> had great success actually learning things (instead of scoring political
points) with unmanned
> probes, but the priority now is for men to be stepping back on other
globes. At a cost equal to
> literally hundreds of very sophisticated and ambitious unmanned probes.

I suspect that Mr. Bush noticed how the last manned space missions kept
the public's minds off other realities! Given the fact he could well use
anything that keeps the public occupied with ANYTHING other than whatever
he may be doing (or NOT doing)...I'm far from surprised at this development!

Or maybe he thinks there's oil up there...?!

Steven C. Barr