Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA Metal Parts in Camden.

Another true story of similar tone...

I had gone to a house sale which had advertised a 16 mm projector and
film for sale. The fellow who was running the sale stilll had it and the
film , but was asking much more that the lot was worth.
In talking to him, I inquired about old 35 mm film. He said that indeed
he used to have many reels and cans of it. It was given to him by a long
decesed projectionist many years ago.

He grew tired of storing it, and knowing that it was nitrate film,
burned several reels and cans of it every Fourth Of July..  nothing
left.

That is my other horror story.

Bob Hodge

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Robert Hodge wrote:

> A True Story Of Similar Tone...
>
> A film starlet whose name escapes me presently had borrowed a 35 mm
> nitrate print of one of her films from the studio  to show at one of
her
> parties and when she was through with it, threw the whole print in
the
> ocean..
>
> That print was the only surviving print left of that title.
>
> Amazing.....

While I have listed some of the great lost items...usually rejected by
libraries...I wonder if any others have similar stories as the one
above.

Karl