Re: [ARSCLIST] Telemetry Tapes

steven c wrote:

As a side comment...I recently re-found my FORTRAN textbook, c.1973.
It said "The new IBM 360 system can be equipped with as much as a full
megabyte of resident memory, though few of them are so equipped..."

Somewhere I have the pictures I took of the blackboard as we learned 650 machine language. We had no compiler, not even an assembler. Hand optimization of numeric op codes on the 4K drum memory was the way we learned to code.

Things have changed a little since 1961.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/