Re: [ARSCLIST] .BWF implementation

Mike,

Thanks for the info. The BWF is a curious thing--and sometimes I get the feeling that the only people in the US who have heard of it are audio archivists! I remember sending several emails and making several phone calls to Syntrillium back when they owned the Cool Edit property requesting that they add BWF support to a new version. It was like they had no clue what I was talking about. I don't think Adobe added BWF support to Audition when they purchased it. I've got an Audition 2.0 upgrade waiting around for funding to purchase a new machine (it's XP only), so I don't know if this latest version covers it either.

The Marantz PMD670 (and I assume PMD671) can be configured to generate a BWF file with either a .bwf or .wav extension--at least with the version of the firmware we're using. We've always used it to create .wav BWF files, but still. It's also my impression that the Quadrega System generates files with .bwf, or at least did several years back.

Thanks again,

andy

--

Andy Kolovos