Re: [ARSCLIST] Recall: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> In a message dated 8/10/2006 6:35:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> loujudson@xxxxxxx writes:
> What means these "recall" messages?
> *************
>
> I believe it is possible to recall messages on some newsgroup systems and
> some UNIX based list servers, but none that I subscribe to.
>
> Within AOL and some email systems you can cancel a message if it hasn't
been
> read.

But wouldn't that apply only to an e-mail to an individual recipient...and
even then it couldn't be removed from the mail already received by the
recipient's ISP/e-mail server? Since a list post simultaneously goes to
all the subscribers, which means at least some of them may have opened
and read the offending message, it seems that all a "recall" command
could do is to remove it from the archived messages (and possibly NOT
send it to anyone whose mail server hadn't downloaded it?)...