Re: [ARSCLIST] Recall: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

In a message dated 8/10/2006 6:35:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
loujudson@xxxxxxx writes:
What means these "recall" messages?

I believe it is possible to recall messages on some newsgroup systems and
some UNIX based list servers, but none that I subscribe to.

Within AOL and some email systems you can cancel a message if it hasn't been
read.

If you want to have a message removed from the archive you might be able to
go through the list manager/owner, but there should be a good reason.

Otherwise, posting apologies or ignore requests to the list just draws
attention to whatever faux-pas you made.

Mike Csontos