Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

It seems a waste of 5" of room space, 12" records on 17" deep shelves. That's why I don't use them.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andes, Donald" <Donald.Andes@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

I'm not sure how these would work for 78's, but they work PERFECTLY for LP's, 12" singles. So much in fact that they are sort of the de-facto standard for almost any younger generation DJ with a vinyl collection.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategory
Id=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=11499&langId=-1&chosenPart
Number=40047675

They used to just come in the larger sizes (4x4) and (5x5) but now they
show a much wider range of sizes. I have 2 (5x5) units completely full
of LP's and they are a visually pleasant way to show off my collection.

They also come in a few different colors, and assembly is rather quick
and easy.

Hope this helps,

Don Andes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Smear" To: Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:29 PM Subject: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

Does anyone have advice on obtaining record storage for LPs?, maybe similar to those that appear in the liner notes to DOWN IN THE BASEMENT: JOE BUSSARDS' TREASURE TROVE OF VINGAGE 78'S?. I've seen these wooden type of units, but i don't know where i could get them. I'm on a limited budget and i live in the Los Angeles area. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rod

--------------------------------- See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com. Check it out.

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.7/411 - Release Date: 8/7/2006