Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

Ha! You only THINK it's the last part, James.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "James L Wolf" <jwol@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

Don't know for sure yet, as it hasn't arrived. This unit was $79, plus shipping, so it's probably not the same as what you're thinking. It's replacing a similar sized cabinet that held (Im guessing) about 275 records, give or take. It's the last part of my LP collection, but this sort of cabinet is the most space-efficient solution for me for this part. I agree that custom shelves would be better for large scale collection storage.

James

thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx 08/08/06 12:42 PM >>>
How many records do those $59.00 units hold ?
 Roger Kulp

James L Wolf <jwol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just ordered an Ivar unit. It's 2 shelves, about 32" wide and 19" deep. It's solid wood and fine for LPs but probably not for 78s since the aren't any dividers. I think you can get a 3 shelf unit too, and Ikea does deliver via UPS. However I don't think this unit is in the on-line catalog, only the print one for 2007.

edix@xxxxxx 08/08/06 8:17 AM >>>
I am using Ikea's Ivar Shelving at home which is pretty cheap and I
think could hold 78s if you get the 17 inch wide boards. Of course
this works best if you have an Ikea store close by.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?topcategoryId=15600&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&categoryId=15886&cattype=&parentCats=15600*16146*16149*15886

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Smear" To: Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:29 PM Subject: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

Does anyone have advice on obtaining record storage for LPs?, maybe similar to those that appear in the liner notes to DOWN IN THE BASEMENT: JOE BUSSARDS' TREASURE TROVE OF VINGAGE 78'S?. I've seen these wooden type of units, but i don't know where i could get them. I'm on a limited budget and i live in the Los Angeles area. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rod