Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Hirsch" <punto@xxxxxxxx>

http://www.gilmorekramer.com/more_info/stand_alone_offset_angle_shelving/stand_alone_offset_angle_shelving.shtml

> You need to put in some sort of bookends, I assume, since the ends are
> open, but this seems to be a good no-nonsense approach.

I didn't follow the above link...but I did once own (sad story) some
actual vintage "Industrial shelving" and the flaw noted IS a problem.

Make sure it is actual heavy-duty industrial metal shelving, and NOT
the stamped-from-sheet-metal equivalent often sold under that description!
I bought some of the latter at Canadian Tire (NOT for 78's!) and the
maximum load figures thereof suggested that filling them with 78's
(10" discs weigh in at about 70 lbs./lineal foot of records, and 12"
records are 1.44 times as heavy!) would produce a rather spectacular
collapse!

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/