Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately the museum has no audio lab to speak of, so I am essentially in charge of finding out everything we will need to work on these recordings once they are delivered to us. All I've been working with thus far in terms of reviewing the digitized recordings already in our possession has been a good set of headphones, realplayer, and my broken old laptop. Now that we have renewed funding, we're in the position to upgrade our equipment a little bit!
Yes, that link is about the project that I am working on. As for servicing the machines themselves, fortunately the company that is doing the converting of the bands to digital format has taken care of all that work.
From what I can tell, they have done an excellent job cleaning up the
machines and restoring at least one of them to working order.
Thank you so much for the suggestions; I'll start looking into those.

Lisa

From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:50:39 -0400

Hello, Lisa,

What digital audio software do you already have in your lab? Many of the packages will do what you ask. I use Samplitude and it will do a lot of what you ask, and you can add Sound Laundry plug-ins from Algorithmix. I believe Adobe Audition will also do what you need.

Is this your project?
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-05/fm-mr050305.php

The remaining players may need service as well. I have no idea who can service them.

Cheers,

Richard