To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: August 03, 2006 5:41 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Glitchy dats

I've been sent a load of DATs to transfer to CD for auditioning, and I find
that a number of them dating from 1996 have glitches. I don't know if there's
one brand more prone than others since I'm not monitoring consistently, but
they do seem to turn up on Sony PDP-124s. Anyone have similar experiences? Any
thoughts on whether this was a bad brand (I had problems with it myself) or if
it was a matter of us not thoroughly erasing the tapes before using them or not
fast forwarding or rewinding them before using them?

dl