Re: [ARSCLIST] bargain du jour

  Experienced eBay watchers,know sellers will try anything.$6000.00 seems awfully cheap,if this were genuine.Look at the prices,of some of the other items on the site,like the Hitler Mercedes-Benz documents,which do appear genuine.This is just wishful thinking on thier part.
  Roger Kulp

andy kolovos <akolovos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dick Spottswood wrote:
> http://www.rjguitar.com/index.html

This has got to be some sort of weird joke or Art Project, right?
That's the only way I can think about it without my head exploding.

For my "Exhibit A" I present what seems to be the meat of their
discussion on the instrument's provenance:

"How Can We Prove This Is The Holy Grail?
It was when the Complete Recordings Box Set was released
in 1990 that it really hit home.
It is unquestionably a picture of our guitar."

Bingo!

And here I am thinking that establishing provenance might mean actually
tracing a line of ownership back to Robert Johnson...silly me!

It is a joke, right?

andy

--

Andy Kolovos
Archivist/Folklorist

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com.  Check it out.