Re: [ARSCLIST] Asperger's Syndrome (was How Vinyl Record

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Cary Ginell wrote:

> What good is a collection if the material is inaccessible, even by its
> owner? You owe it to the music to make sure you know what you have and how to
> find it.

While I don't mean to make light of your observation, and taking
your observation out of context...I do believe it is important to
mention that in the great scheme of things, the first order of business is
preservation.

As to what good is it...it is saved. Cataloging, contrary to the thinking
of many librarians I know, is not the top priority.

Karl (who works for a library that sees audio preservation as
unimportant when compared to cataloging commercial recordings)