Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] EMI-Columbia split, was Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

   Allow me to pick another nit here.The only Beecham memorial,on Capitol proper, that I am aware of,is the "Heldenleben",with the "gravestone" cover. (Only the early Columbias can be called "tombstones".)The Figaro overture,is from the box set issued on Angel.Great recording,BTW.
    BTW,the Kajanas lacquer I own,is the Sibelius # 3,with the LSO.This is on Victor.My 78 sets from the same era,are UK EMI/Columbia.
        Roger Kulp

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Don Tait wrote:

> Yes, the Capitol "G" series was HMV-derived material: was the Beecham
> Figaro overture in Capitol's release of the "Beecham Memorial" set? His last
> recording of it was with the LPO in the thirties.

Could be my faulty memory..definitely a Capitol G- issue and a modern recording, but probably not Beecham in that case. The misprint definitely occurred though (probably only on the Canadian issue).

dl

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.