[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] EMI-Columbia split, was Mercury co-founder Ir...

  It's a delightful misprint, regardless!

  I remember when Capitol introduced the "G" series in the USA after about
1957/8 and began to issue HMV recordings on it. The first one I bought was
Beecham's mono version of the Franck Symphony. Then his Berlioz Symphonie
Fantastique and much more by others. Inferior Capitol mastering, but decent pressings.

  Thanks for all, David.

  Don
Don Tait wrote:

>   Yes, the Capitol "G" series was HMV-derived material: was the Beecham
> Figaro overture in Capitol's release of the "Beecham Memorial" set? His last
> recording of it was with the LPO in the thirties.

Could be my faulty memory..definitely a Capitol G- issue and a modern recording, but probably not Beecham in that case. The misprint definitely occurred though (probably only on the Canadian issue).

dl