[ARSCLIST] Fw: [ARSCLIST] Three Vagrants on Victor

EMOR (p. 579) has a discography.  Somewhere I remember reading that
accordionist Frank Lucanese was Nick Lucas' older brother.

----- Forwarded by Dick Spottswood/dick/AmericanU on 07/13/2006 07:20 AM
-----

David Seubert <seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
07/12/2006 06:46 PM
Please respond to
Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>

ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Three Vagrants on Victor

I have a patron that is trying to track down recordings of and
information on the Three Vagrants, a group (accordion, guitar, clarinet)
that recorded for Victor and Edison in the teens and 20s. His
grandparents were in the group and he is on sabbatical and is beginning
some research on the group.

We tracked down the Edison discs fairly easily, but the Victors (and HMV
pressings) are pretty elusive. If anybody can help him locate these in
private or institutional collections, he'd like to obtain copies.

Here's the Victors we've identified, followed by HMV face numbers:

69341 (7-58022, 7-58023)
69402 (7-58024, 7-58025)
69403 (7-58026, 7-58027)
69437
69611
69612
73101 (7-58034)
73156 (7-58028, 7-58029)
72212 (7-58030, 7-58031)
72378 (7-58032, 7-58033) (Syracuse has the Victor)
73531 (7-58043) (LC has the Victor)

He'd also like to find any printed documentation (he has a scrapbook
already) but if anybody has leads on printed materials, he'd appreciate
any assistance.

Please contact Richard Harris directly at rrharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
if you are able to assist.

David Seubert