Re: [ARSCLIST] Community Radio

Having been a radio DJ some years ago, I've actually looked into starting an internet-only station, though with original music and content. (I miss "playing radio" as we used to call it. I don't miss all the sales and management politics that went with it.)

When I actually get around to doing this, I plan to use servers from this company. http://www.radiostreamer.com Their DRS 2006 automation software is quite good also and have considered it just for home use.

For those interested in using commercial content, this site offers a licensing service for internet radio station. http://www.loudcity.net/Home/tabid/35/Default.aspx For the hobbiest, it seems pretty reasonable. The site also may have answers to some of the licensing questions that have been tossed around in this thread. I'm sure there are other services like this also.

I also worried about the quality of internet streaming. Even commercial talk stations like WGN have problems with that whishing sound. Then I heard what a well encoded stream can sound like. I listen to this one often. http://www.sawstudio-media.com/radio/radio.htm He uses the DRS servers and his own automation software.

Just sharing some links with everyone.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.10/386 - Release Date: 7/12/2006